PERFORMANCE & INNOVATION
The Cosumar Group considers innovation to be essential in maintaining and optimizing its performance level to ensure the competitiveness of its activity and of the sugar industry.
Faced with an ever-changing environment resulting in increasingly demanding customer requests and the Group’s will to position itself as a key player in Africa, the quest for performance and innovation are major components of the COSUMAR strategy.
These have been translated into concrete measures:
- optimized energy consumption through the introduction of more economical techniques and conversion of existing facilities to new fuels.
- Gradual upgrading of all industrial sites with the aim of introducing new technologies and achieving an overall improvement in industrial performance
- Implementation of lean manufacturing at the packaging workshops for optimized yields and loss eradication
- Creation of research centres over 4 hectares dedicated to R & D activities and to the development of sugar crops for improved agricultural performance
- Management of several R & D projects with national and international organizations.